Wednesday 2 June 2010

Why Fashion & Music Niches Work Wonders


I am often asked why I came to focus on the niche areas of music and fashion in photography, rather than launch a general photography business back in 1998. My answer is always the same, and it’s the masterfully wry Bill Crosby who explains my ethos effectively:

‘I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.’

I agree with this, but in terms of finding and developing a niche or niches in commercial photography, it makes business sense to deliver in the sectors where your professional passions are most noticeable.

For me, fashion and music represent the very best innovations and impactful developments to be found in photography today: the reach of fashion and music are global, all-encompassing, and affects everybody. Fashion and music are driving forces in so many areas of all our lives.

To be involved in recording and creating lasting images which highlight the importance of these industries has been a personal passion for me, since I was given a Minolta 35mm camera for my 15th birthday.

That passion has remained with me and is a vital part of the services offered at Amango Photography. Without passion and purpose, photography is meaningless.

So, back to niches.

Niche photography represents the best possible way to deliver outstanding work to fashion and music clients across the UK, North America and Europe.

Since Amango launched, it has been a deliberate business decision to work within established niches, and remain focused on providing the very best possible service within those niches.

The thought of expanding into different commercial sectors, trying to please everybody out there, is totally unthinkable. It’s been a dominating force in the studio, to retain close links with the fashion and music industries, with their accessory sectors, and to provide expert counsel.

Far better to excel in one or two key areas than to try and grab a multitude of revenues from commercial sectors in which expertise are not solid. My focus remains unfaltering.

No comments:

Post a Comment